Summary: Responsible for selling new business to ensure continued profitable growth for the agency. Will prospect for new clients, sell additional coverages to existing clients, and retain existing accounts to achieve personal production goals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Call on clients/policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions and/or changes
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients, often covering a variety of risks
- Contact prospects, schedule appointments, and make sales presentations
- Develop prospecting programs and follow-up for maximum results
- Maintain prospect list of clients for target business
- Balance production to achieve desired mix of business. Promote products of carriers that the firm has identified as important
- Coordinate production efforts with Operations Director, Marketing Director and account service personnel, as requested and needed
- Interview prospects/clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs in order to accurately and thoroughly complete survey and application forms before marketing or submitting to be marketed/re-marketed.
- Conduct periodic meetings with Account Managers to provide updates and ensure policies and procedures are understood
- Calculate premiums and establish payment methods. Arrange payment terms for all accounts in accordance with agency credit and collections policies. Responsible for collection of all outstanding premiums.
- Deliver renewals and/or binders following agency guidelines
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records
- Keep abreast of trends and techniques to maintain a competitive status for the agency within the industry
- Attend sales seminars, company sales meetings, or educational activities needed to improve sales techniques, stay up to date on the latest developments in the marketplace, and maintain required licenses
- Review all agency activities relating to the public, customers and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions
- Participate in industry meetings, providing subject matter expertise.
- Meet or exceed performance goals for client and employee satisfaction and retention, as well as revenue generation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have or be willing to obtain all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance
- CPCU, CIC, and ARM designations (highly desirable)
- P&C License required
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience with proven sales success demonstrated (highly desirable)
- Ability to travel some
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to make presentations to groups effectively
- Ability to lead and influence others
- A sense of urgency to respond quickly to client needs; demonstrated organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions with multiple variables
- Prior sales/production and marketing/underwriting experience in an insurance agency or brokerage firm
- Possess Commercial Lines product knowledge
- Knowledge of agency systems and company relationships
- Team player and willing to find accommodating solutions for our customers, companies, and Agency
- Experience scoping new engagements, networking and generating leads.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to self-start, self-motivate and work independently.
- Strong professional acumen and communication skills, with experience interacting with clients and their executives/teams.
- Strong ability to multitask, follow-up and prioritize workload.
- Ability to read and interpret policy & contract documents.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain long-term relationships while engaging team.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word word-processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software required; Sagitta and ImageRight software a plus.
The statements contained in this job description reflect the general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
HDB, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Sales, Business Development, Consulting
- Industries: Marketing & Advertising, Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.