Summary: Aid the Marketing team in the marketing of new/existing business while encompassing a high level of expertise and service to the prospects/clients. Assist the Marketing team in managing insurance carrier relationships & visits. Serve as a back up to Marketing team during vacations, absences, etc. Coordinates activities engaged in compiling data on changes to insurance policies in force, changing provisions of policies to conform to insured’s specifications, and communication of premium rates to clients based on changes to policies by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Account Placement: Assist Marketing team in overall new business placement of an account and some renewals. Duties include, but not limited to, preparing and issuing applications, binders, invoices and certificates for new business and processing policy changes and audits during servicing period. Verify information is properly stored in Sagitta and ImageRight. Prepare policy binder book for submission to client (either hard copy or electronically) after quality assurance review. Effectively resolve client requests.
Marketing: Assist Producer in obtaining information from the prospects/clients and/or carriers. Assists in the marketing of a new account, some existing renewals or a new line of business for an existing account to carriers that are interested in offering coverage, preparation of submissions and applications. Compile data received, follow up with the Producers regularly for information needed to provide a quotation and transmit underwriting information to the carriers to obtain quotations needed. Prepares proposals, presentations and any necessary quote comparisons. Review applications for completeness and accuracy in preparation for submission to carriers.
Carrier Relationships: Presents a professional and knowledgeable image while regularly meeting with visiting Company Representatives & Underwriters to obtain information about changes they have made, their interest in certain classes, our agency’s status with them, etc. Responsible for communicating all the above with the staff on a routine and efficient basis. Works as the Liaison to help facilitate a relationship between the Company Representatives & Underwriters with the CSR’s/Account Managers by encouraging face to face time with each upon their visits to the office.
General Team Support: Keep Account Manager(s) and Producer(s) informed of changes within the marketplace as directed or guided by the Marketing Director. Follow company procedures and provide general assistance to all team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; zero to two years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret policy & contract documents. Ability to speak effectively with customers or colleagues and type routine correspondence.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word word-processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software. Knowledge of Sagitta software and ImageRight software is not required upon hire; however, will be expected to gain knowledge and use with on-the-job training.
- Certificates and Licenses: Property & Casualty License required. If not upon hire, must attain within 6 months of hire.
- Seniority level: Entry level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Customer Service, General Business, Marketing
- Industries: Insurance
HDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.