Summary: Assist Producer in sales, marketing and servicing of renewal and/or some new business. Effectively manage a book of business containing selected accounts encompassing a high level of expertise and service to the clients. Serve as a back up to peer Account Managers during vacations, absences, etc. Mentor with ASR (when requested) and assist in procedural training of new employees. Supervises and coordinates activities engaged in compiling data on changes to insurance policies in force, changing provisions of policies to conform to insured’s specifications, and communication of premium rates to clients based on changes to policies by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Account Service: Receive all correspondence from clients and carriers for policy changes, preparing and issuing binders, certificates of insurance, invoicing, audits, run MVR’s, underwriting information, updating Sagitta and ImageRight systems with detail routinely. Prepare policy binder book for submission to client after quality assurance review. Delegate requests as appropriate and monitor follow-up. Personally assist in the resolution of more complex requests in order to assure client that all tasks are handled at a managerial level. Have capabilities to establish/maintain a good business relationship with all clients and company personnel. At the discretion of the Producer, may be called upon to interact face to face with clients or company personnel. Make the Producer aware of any negative solutions. Keep a record of all expiration dates within the book of business and coordinate with the Producer the “plan of action”. Bring to the attention of the Producer any major changes to the account during the year.
Client Information/Requests: Receive and respond to client requests for information, policy changes, etc. Assist in obtaining coverage specifics, loss history and other information necessary to prepare company applications/quotes for new and renewal business.
Administrative: Manage the preparation and delivery of all applications, policies, endorsements and invoices, correspondence, reports, and other miscellaneous transactions. Insure accuracy and completion of all documents pertaining to the accounts assigned. Assigns some duties to ASR, as needed. Interprets policy provisions to ASR, as needed, to assist ASR in effecting changes according to company regulations.
Financial: Prepares and sends out initial invoices. If requested from Producers, will re-bill clients as needed.
Marketing: Assist Producer in obtaining renewal information from the client and/or carriers. Assists in the preparation of submissions and applications. Prepares proposals, presentations and any necessary quote comparisons. Review applications for completeness and accuracy in preparation for submission to carriers.
General Team Support: Keep Producer(s) informed of major changes/problems. Answer telephone, maintain expiration lists and workflow within the team. Follow company procedures and provide general assistance to all team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five+ (5+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret policy & contract documents. Ability to speak effectively with customers or colleagues and type routine correspondence.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and the ability to use the following software products successfully: Microsoft Word (word processing software); Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet software); Sagitta (accounting software) and ImageRight /WorkSmart (insurance content management & workflow solution software).
- Certificates and Licenses: Property & Casualty License required; CIC Certificate and/or CISR Certificate required upon hire.
- Seniority level: Associate
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Customer Service, Quality Assurance, General Business
- Industries: Insurance
HDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.