At Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc, our team enjoys an environment that fosters growth. We recognize that a company is only as good as the people behind it. If you are a talented individual who wants to progress their career and make a difference, we are interested in hearing from you.
The Benefits Department Manager job description is:
Summary: Responsible for day-to-day management of the Benefits Department. Responsible for overseeing implementation, delivery, etc. of client bound benefits accounts. Manages, improves and implements processes to ensure that clients benefit from HDB’s programs. Administers training of Benefit AM’s, as needed. Directs planning and workflow within department assignments to current and prospective clients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Benefits Department processes including, but not limited to, licenses, claims, commissions, billing, customer service, renewals, prospective client quoting process, open enrollments, and book of business assignment and delegating of same.
- Develop workflows and processes for all aspects of client services at consistently high levels and in accordance with established HDB company-wide direction and software.
- Establish and communicate service metrics, monitor and analyze results and implement appropriate changes.
- Identify any existing gaps in client service processes and procedures, recommend and document solutions to increase efficiency and optimize delivery of client services.
- Enhance the efficiency and quality of service delivery through effective coordination and communication across disciplines and departments.
- Communicate the agency’s service offerings, value-added services and values to prospective and existing clients, consultants and future workforce.
- Provide engagement oversight, including developing knowledge of client environment, providing point of contact for both client and onsite team members, upholding an advisory role to clients, and ensuring client expectations are met, if not exceeded.
- Accountable for Benefits Department staff oversight by assisting in the recruitment and retention of our team. Meet regularly with team to understand and act upon engagement challenges/obstacles as needed, while providing supervision, management, direction and development opportunities to the team.
- Participate in industry meetings, providing subject matter expertise.
- Meet or exceed performance goals for client and employee satisfaction and retention, as well as revenue generation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years benefits related experience.
- Preferred 5+ years management experience.
- Experience scoping new engagements, networking and generating leads.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude for working in and building HDB’s established and growing Benefits Department.
- Ability to self-start, self-motivate and work independently.
- Strong professional acumen and communication skills, with experience interacting with clients and their executives/teams.
- A sense of urgency to respond quickly to client needs; demonstrated organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multitask, follow-up and prioritize workload.
- Ability to read and interpret policy & contract documents.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with while engaging team.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or colleagues and type correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word word-processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software required; Sagitta/BenefitPoint and ImageRight software a plus.
- Certificates and Licenses: Life & Health License required.
The statements contained in this job description reflect the general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
This job has supervisory responsibility and oversight of all Benefits Department Account Managers.
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Human Resources, Management, Customer Service
- Industries: Insurance
HDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.