Summary: Operates multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel.Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, including pick-up and delivery to post office.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Handles maintenance repairs for all office equipment needs.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
ACCOUNT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (“ASR”)
Summary: Provide assistance to Account Manager(s) in servicing of new and renewal business. Effectively resolve client requests. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes standard renewals and endorsements to support the insurance process by performing the following duties.
Account Service: Assist Account Manager(s) in overall account service related duties including, but not limited to policy changes, invoicing, certificate issuance for new and renewal business, audits, run MVR’s, evidence of property, updating Sagitta and ImageRight systems detail. Prepare policy binder book for submission to client after quality assurance review.
Client Information/Requests: Receive and respond to client requests for information, policy changes, etc. Assist in obtaining coverage specifics, and other information necessary to prepare company applications/quotes for new and renewal business.
General Team Support: Keep Account Manager (s) and Producer(s) informed of major changes/problems. Answer telephone, maintain expiration lists and workflow within the team. Follow company procedures and provide general assistance to all team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret policy & contract documents. Ability to speak effectively with customers or colleagues and type routine correspondence.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; Sagitta software and ImageRight software, preferred.
- Certificates and Licenses: Property & Casualty License required. If not upon hire, must attain within 6 months of hire. CISR Certificate should be sought within 18 months to 2 years of hire.
- Seniority level: Entry level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Administrative
- Industries: Insurance
HDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.